Thursday 23 November 2017

Pain management

About a week ago I found myself giving advice on this to quite a few people,I'm not really sure why but I sow alot of IG stories of people saying they were having flare ups (I follow quite a few chronic ilness accounts) or in really bad pain. So of course I tried to advise them on what Iv'e found useful, I>http://www.aor.org.uk/home/what-is-reflexology used to spend alot of time in pain,I spent alot of time crying up at night in pain & although I still spend time in pain as its constantly there 24/7 with the occasional flare up its a lot more managable now.

I'm not sure if any of those people who I tried to advise took anything I said on board at all but after giving them advicw I wanted to write somthing to try to help anyone stuck where I was a couple of years ago,being in constant pain is 1 of the worst things you can ever experience so if I can help even one person ease there's I'll feel like I've done some good.

So heres a list of things Iv'e found useful: (i'll put study links or links for more information after I've written about how its helped me)


♡Ice ~ I lived on ice packs when I 1st started expirencing chronic pain,the only problem with ice packs is them being to cold or you having to hold them in place so it would be easier to find some sort of ice pack/product that you don't have to hold in place,I know alot of sports people have ice baths after injuries or even just after playing so if it works for minor pain/injuries its gonna work even better for higher levels of pain & its really worked for me

♡ Heat~ Heat patches or hot water bottles also work really well or do atleast for me,I'm not sure what makes the heat ease the pain (I should probably look into that) but take it from me it really does work.

> How to sucsessfully treat pain with hot & cold & what not to do (I didn't know some of this & Iv'e been using heat & ice for years so its defintly worth a read) https://www.healthline.com/health/chronic-pain/treating-pain-with-heat-and-cold

♡Reflexology ~ I'd describe this as foot masage,by massaging your feet the holistic therapist can then see what part of your body is hurting the most (every part of your foot connects to a part of your body) & by massaging that erea it somehow releases the pain from whatever part of your body hurting,It's really helped me because It gives me a heads up on what part of my body I need to focus on trying to move more. (on good days)

It has also amazing to be able to pin point the main cause of pain as I expirence so much of it but this gives me some sort of idea of what is causing what & of course having somone realese a bit the pain makes it alot easier to do things as I'm more able to move around & it also allows me to get better quality sleep as I'm not up during the night.

>http://www.aor.org.uk/home/what-is-reflexology

> A link to learn about other holistic treatments~

www.gemmaclare.com/what-is-holistic-therapy/health-benefits-of-holistic-therapy/


♡Reiki~ In a way is like hypnotitsm its based around the idea that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by simply touching or hovering thier hands over the patients body to activate natural healing processes whilst restoring physical & emotinal well being to that person, I belive this has had such a goid effect on me as it makes you calm & allows you to relax,taking your mind away from everything else going on around you/in your life.

>Reki explained better than I can:
http://www.reiki.org/faq/whatisreiki.html
> https://iarp.org/learn-about-reiki/

>https://www.reikiassociation.net/what-is-reiki.php

♡Oxygen therapy~ I can't begin to tell how much this has helped in my recovery before starting I was asleep most days I couldn't read or write,my life wasn't going anywhere about a year & 6 months later Iv'e taught myself how to read & write again,somthing I now do almost daily, I hardly nap in the day unless I'm having a off day or got a cold & the pain has lessend so much like I said I'm still in constant pain but as its less I can cope with it alot better, I'm also hardly ever awake at night in pain because its been reduced so much it allows me to sleep.

There's also been studies carried out that prove it can reverse the effects of a ilness which is defintly true in my case especially as my head is now clearer so I can do the things I used to love.

More about Oxygen treatment:

 https://www.hyperbaricoxygentherapy.org.uk/what-is-hbot


♡ physio/movment~

I hate physio it's the worst thing ever & although its alot better now I still sometimes find myself crying after it,but I do know that without it I'd be in alot worse place as my joints would just seize up,as much as it hurts you need to keep moving otherwise the pain will get worse.
(don't need any links attached to this as it seems pretty obvious)


No comments:

Post a Comment