Sunday 3 December 2017

How to survive the Christmas season with a chronic ilness

I loved writing my pain management blog,being really proud of it its also one of my faves I have ever written. I also had alot of fun writing it as I felt it might be able to help someone,I also enjoyed researching it all & doing it in bullet points was really helpful for me as I still sometimes struggle to write.

As Christmas is soon upon us &I know most people have already started their celebrations or will soon I thought I'd write a list of things that I thought would help during the next month up until the new year celebrations,this is something I thought would also be useful to alot of people so I hope atleast one of these helps,even if it is only one person. 

I know it's hard to pace yourself especially around this time of year but its so important to rest as much & as soon as possible I hope you all have an amazing Christmas & I know I can't take away your pain but I hope it eases enough for you to be able to enjoy yourself,also if you're worried about missing something anything interesting will probably get filmed or pictures will be taken of it so you won't miss anything at all.
I hope you enjoy this blog  & I hope you all have an amazing Christmas.

   
List of ways to survive the Christmas season: 

♡SLEEP~ I know its hard because you don't want to miss anything but if you need it you need it & if you don't rest or sleep as soon as possible your only going to start feeling worse.

♡Audiobooks~Take yourself off somewhere to go & zone out with a good book for a while,taking yourself to another place for a bit is a great way to not only relax but to get away from all the noise.


♡Watch or have Downloaded a good T.V show or film so you have something to watch whilst resting.


♡ Insert ear plugs or use ear defenders~this way you can still be in the room even if you're finding the noise hard to deal with as these 2 items won't take away the noise but they can adjust the volume to make it alot quieter than it really is.

♡ If you're on any medication that helps with energy increase it (if you know its safe) as this will help you have a Christmas where you might be able to stay awake for a little longer than previous years.

♡ Get all therapies or anything you do to help with pain or energy crammed in as close to Christmas day as possible as this will have a big impact on your body & how well you feel.

♡MUSIC~download or stream some music on your phone or any other device you have available, music always helps me to relax & I know it works foe alot of others.

♡Eye masks~I've never tried this & only just thought of it but if you don't want to leave your family & go to another room you could always zone out by putting headphones or earplugs (or by putting ear defenders on) & covering your eyes with a eye mask so you can't see or hear anything

No comments:

Post a Comment