Wednesday 15 May 2019

Dear Rare disease

Dear Rare disease
alot of people would say you have ruined my life, in tons of ways you have. Thanks to I have little friends a un finished education & hardly any future job prospects & the ones I feel may be possible one day,lead me to believe my life will be very dull.
Luckily I don't remember much about being ill from being a child but I do have medical tramas some being completely ridiculous. Others not ,but they all make sense one way or another.
Thanks to you hardly anyone understands me or my life. I now have ME & have little chance of full recovery as oy 5% of M.E patients recive this. I know discrimination from being sick & I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get this easily offended or upset if  I had ever had you.
Because of you I slept for 2 years non~ stop. When I awoke the world had moved on, not only that I then developed really weird coping techniques which when I realized were ridiculous completely tore me down & I realized that the world isn't the way I grew up thinking it was.


Over the past few years you have made me realize that my life will always be a struggle. because of you I'm most likely to always have the fear that no one wants
to hang out with me because I'm the problem person, or hard to look after ect... most likely I always be on the outskirts of society as hardly anyone understands me,my life or the way I have to live it.
If I didn't have you I probably wouldn't know this much suffering or the pain of seeing so many of my friends in the same position. I believe you can tell if a person will be successful at a early age. I've always be looked at as the sick one. When people didn't know what was wrong & maybe even more now they do, but still fail to understand.
One good thing & probably the only true good thing that has come from having you is that I know I have more compassion than the average person. Alot more empathy & understanding I also have friends from support groups that I know I am very lucky to have even if they live to far away to meet.
My heart knows that I can't let you define me,I so hope that one day that gets to be the case. I hope one day people will see beyond you. I hope some day despite you, I will be able to forfill even half the things I want to. Until then I'll just have to keep trudging along doing as well as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment