Wednesday 15 May 2019

M.E 7 day challenge

M.E 7 day challenge:


My life with M.E although getting slightly better, is very limited. There is not alot I can do as I can't sustain more than a few hours of activity before falling asleep. It's very frustrating because you feel like you live half the life of a able bodied person. I don't have any grades so to speak of, I can't go out to get a job. I can't really do much but I do try to do as much as my body will physically allow me to do. So that's a start.
My bad days consist of resting, watching T.V/films or listening to audiobooks. I get very frustrated on bad days especially if I'm flaring up & have no clue why I'm flaring. My family help alot on days like this because they can always make me feel better, social media also helps as I'm in support groups which I find really useful.

But it also shows you what everyone else is up to which when you feel totally awful is really not helpful.
On my good days I try not to push my limits (I mostly know what they are now) but It also makes me really happy to be able to get things done & I'm overall generally happier.
My biggest challenge I have faced whilst having M.E is definitely re ~teaching myself to read & write again. How I did it I have no clue but I'm so glad I was somehow able, I hope that one day I'll be able to help someone else do the exact same thing. Also dealing with people's opinions of me.
After the school I felt like no~one wanted me around. But now I know that not to be the case.



I wish people would understand how to treat people not just people who have illness but everyone. So many people are judgmental or just don't really care. All I needed at my worst time with this illness was compassion & hardly anyone had that in them.
My advice to other sponnies would be to just be you. Do whatever you can & don't worry about what you can't do. Also rest as much as you need to because you really do need it.
M.E isn't all of me right now I'm doing all I can to get better but in the future I hope to be able to do so much more. I really want to set up schools for chronically ill teenagers because there really is nothing around for us except people who really don't or want to try. I also really want to do more writing especially screenwriting

No comments:

Post a Comment