Thursday 31 October 2019

Disability in TV

As I said in my last blog I thought it would be fun to create a list of shows that highlight disability, these are my findings for teenage& adult shows. I found this a lot harder than I did to write my children's one but like I said in my last blog if you guys have any to add I happily will because I would love to find new shows to watch. I hope you enjoy and thank you so much for reading. 


BBC:

Africa with Ade Adepitan: In this show Polio survivor Ade Adepitan as he travels around Africa in his wheelchair. 

Doctors: Doctors is a fictional show following the lives & work of a team of GPs working for the NHS. 


The big hospital experiment: 14 young volunteers battle their way through working on NHS hospital wards


Dr Chris and Dr Xand Investigate: Dr Chris and Dr Xand Van Tulleken investigate medical-related life questions 

Living differently: Follows stories of disabled people as they go about their daily lives. 

Matron, Medicine & me: Celebrity presenters discover the development of the NHS whilst accounting their own experiences 

Paramedics on screen: Follows Scotland's paramedics as they go about there work. 

Close calls on Camera& 999 what's your emergency both follow the lives of those on the frontline of the ambulance service. 

Zac and Mia: Whilst trying to navigate & balance the harsh realities of life with cancer teens Zac & Mia fall in love whilst being treated on an oncology ward. 


Channel 5:

The house of extraordinary people: Nine individuals who have all suffered prejudices due to their appearances various appearances share a house & take on challenges to combat the public's perception of facial disfigurement. 

ITV: 

Paul O'Grady's little heroes: Paul O'Grady meets the patients & staff at great Ormand street hospital as he listens to their stories & helps the staff go about their daily tasks. 

Netflix: 

Alexa & Katie: Alexa has recently been diagnosed with cancer but with her best friend Katie by her side, she feels like she is ready to tackle anything. 


ATYPICAL: 
Is a Comedy series following an autistic teenager, Sam as he battled his way through high school. 

Others shows with disabled characters or presenters include: the BBC'S Escape to the perfect town, What Britan buys & sells in a day, Countryfile, Raising Dion (Netflix) 

No comments:

Post a Comment