Tuesday 10 December 2019

Christmas gifts for the chronically ill

I wanted to do a bunch of Christmas blogs but had very few ideas on what to write about. This idea came to whilst writing my charity gift blog. I then saw another blogger and do something slightly similar so had a read for inspiration. I have also included ideas from others as well as things that have helped me throughout my time of being chronically ill. 

 My plan was to write a note by each to explain why I had written in the item but realised that is not needed for it to make sense. I have instead put them into categories. 





To help with block out noise/light when in sensory overload: 

1: Ear defenders\ear plugs\headphones 
2:Sleep Mask

For comfort:

3:Pyjamas 
4: Blankets
5:Slippers 




For pain:
6: Water bottles/ heat pads 
7: Foot\back massager 
8:Oils 
9:Shower chair\ bath lifter 
10: A salt lamp 




For boredom/distraction: 
11: DVDs\ boxsets 
12: Audible subscription 
13: Big word Wordsearch or simple puzzle books
14: Colouring books
15: Sensory toys (eg: Fidget spinners) 
16: Amazon fire stick/ TV subscription 
17: Magazine subscription 




Practical items:

18: Handmade I.O.U These could be anything that they may find useful from offering to clean their house anything such as cooking them a meal etc.. 
19: Coffee machine 
20:Online gift vouchers 


No comments:

Post a Comment