Thursday 6 August 2020

Updated diability throughout T.V recommendations

A while ago I compiled a list of Shows showcasing Disabled talent or disability storylines,as I'm currently waiting for people to get back to me about blogs and have no other ideas. I thought I would create a new one. I've included "There she goes" although the actress playing Rosie does not have a learning disability, Although writers have based the show upon their own child. 


All programmes can be found on the BBC, other than Netflix original Crip Camp, I have found many other shows I have not seen. So I'll be watching and possibly  making a new list at some point in the future. please alert me to any you have found so I can edit my list.



Climbing bind~ Jesse Dufton's dream is to become the first blind person to lead a climb up the Old may of Hou in Hackney,Scotland. With his sight degenerating can he make it? And will it make him and even better climber 


Alex Brooker: disability and me ~ Documentary following Alex Brooker (the last leg) as he dives back into the past, gaining new friends, discussing his fears and asking the toughest most important questions. 



Our Lives~ Documentary series showcasing  the ups and downs of people's lives. 


There she goes~ Comedy drama highlighting the struggles of bringing up a child with severe learning difficulties. 


Malory Towers~ Based on the book by Enid Blyton, CBBC's modern retelling of Darell Rivers’s adventures brings a new twist to the much loved tale. 


Endlings~ Children's television show in which four foster children discover Alien's really do exist. 



Crip Camp: Disability documentary based on a true story, crip camp captures the journey to a disability civil rights movement and brings it to the screen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment