Thursday 1 March 2018

Writing,Reading&recovery (blog2)

I’ve talked about this alot but I wanted to do a blog on it as well, the other day I realized how many books I’ve brought & how many books I want to read & am annoyed at for not being able to read right now (even tho I'm reading other books).

For a long time I couldn't read at all, not even books aimed at 4 or 5 year olds any words spun out my brain, gave me hideous headaches, making me super frustrated &upset.
For someone who was a complete book worm this was the hardest thing in the world, this went on for about 3 years maybe even longer.


One of my consultant suggested audio books but I tried & found I was to ill to even listen to a book because my head was to scrambled up so no words in sentences made any sense as I got a bit better I managed a few small audio books of about 30 minutes long each so it was simple stories with not alot of story so I could follow it without any trouble, gradually I decided I wanted to move on to stories with more story to them.

As a child I read the first Hetty Feather book so knowing there was now a whole series of books I could get into I decided to give it a go, after years of no books in my life & endless tears of frustration from not being able to read or even listen to stories or go in book shops or a book isle of a shop I was actually having stories read to me.

This was a real turning point for me because that's when I feel in love with  books again, I completed & fell inlove with the entire series.

Since then I've managed to listen to tons of books all children’s books but books I never read as a child so I’ve not known the plot, I also completed the entire Narnia series & really loved it the only book I had problems with was the Hobbit as it wasn’t dramatized & there were so many characters but I got through it.

  I’ve also somehow managed to teach myself to read again i’m not sure how I did it so although I'd love to I'm not sure I could ever teach anyone else but I would love to try.

Now I can not only listen to books but I can also read them which excites me  greatly because I'm getting to imagine 2 separate story's that most of the time are  completely different.

I guess my point of this rant is to not ever take simple things for granted just because you find something easy other people might not or might have lost all ability to do the most simple of things.

My main goal in life since I was like 12 has been to write I don't think I'm the best the words are in my mind but at the moment I still struggle to write stuff that makes sense & my spelling &grammar isn't the best because I’ve forgotten most of it.

I get very frustrated sometimes because I’ve not been able to write for so long but I  think this has given me so sort of platform to work with, also here I am writing I also wanted to write this because one of the most important things is to own your story/journey either by writing, art of anything that captures or documents it.
I'm planning to write a blog on this as well at some point so I'm not gonna say everything I feel I could, by doing this it allows you open up so meany things & it makes you stop being so afraid of everything.


I also think it allows you to find people going through the same or similar things.

This blog started out as a Facebook post that I felt was to long to post so I saved it to my notes, this came to me after getting very excited about the next Hetty book &realizing that this series has been a massive part of my recovery.

This seemed appropriate to post this week as its book week&this is a post about books, I hope you guys have enjoyed reading about my book journey & the 2nd blog in my series of blogs about my recovery journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment