Monday 9 April 2018

Recovery & food

This seems like a really stupid thing to making a blog post on but if you know me well enough you will know about my love for food.

I can't get out or walk around alot,I will admit I eat alot especially when I'm not feeling well or feeling upset anyway the year before last I got diagnosed as pre diabetic it scared everyone including me unfortunately this was also just before Christmas so all the Christmas chocolate was on the shelves I honestly thought my life was over junk food was one of my only comforts on bad days (it sounds dumb but it was true)

It also made me feel like I was fat, I am compared to most people but that's not from choice that's from not being able to exercise & the steroids I take daily making me look puffy (especially in the face) but that doesn’t help when you are already not that confident & I'd never really thought about it before then. I know it now but I don't really care that much as I am doing everything I can possibly do & I know I can't do anymore than I already am.

I tried eating healthy & if I'm honest I didn't think my diet was that awful even though it probably was at the time.
Salads to me sounded very boring to me a salad is just cucumber tomatoes & lettuce but you can make them interesting & I do eat quite alot of salad & fruit now or at least I try to some days it just does not  happen.

I struggle most with sugar as I'm always so exhausted & sugar is a quick fix for my problem to be honest I think that's how I ended up with the pre diabetes, that along with not being able to move around much or get out.

I can't get most of my tablets because they are all replacing things I don't have in my body but I can get off my diabetic medication which I plan to do although it's gonna take alot of perseverance as I know I still don't eat the best sometimes but I have learnt that nothing is going to make a gigantically bad impact in small amounts & that I probably small doses of bad stuff anyway so I don’t worry a much as I used to but its been a big part of my life the past year or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment